MOST RECENT DINNERS
NEW YORK DINNERS
- A Home-cooked Lebanese Feast with Naji
- The Tastiest Tibetan at Phayul in Queens
- A Vietnamese Dinner at the Southside Supper Club
- Food-Raiser 2014 with Word of Mouth
- The Gastronauts Celebrate 8 Years with Octopus
- Offal Tacos at Taco Santo
- A Night at Flushing’s Golden Mall
- An Adventurous Food-Raiser for the Philippines
- An Armenian Dinner at Almayass
- The Naut’s Get Some Lamb Head in Astoria
LOS ANGELES DINNERS
Comida Oaxaqueña at Guelagutetza
The first Gastronauts LA dinner was a rousing success, complete with silkworms, innards, fermented fish and an unofficial afterparty that may or may not have included a swing by the great LA institution Jumbo’s Clown Room.
For Round 2, we’re heading to another LA institution, the mole temple of Guelaguetza in LA’s Oaxacatown, where we’ll dine on Maria Lopez’s family recipes, and some unusual ingredients sourced directly from Oaxaca for our dinner…including crickets, worms and an entire goat’s stomach stuffed with blood and offal.
And oh yeah, there’s going to be a Trío Mexicante, so get ready to be serenaded while downing shots of Bricia Lopez’s beloved mezcal. Para todo mal, mezcal, para todo bien, también (For everything wrong, mezcal; for everything right, too).
3014 W. Olympic Blvd.
(bet Normandie and Irolo)
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Sunday, May 15th, 7:00pm