MOST RECENT DINNERS
NEW YORK DINNERS
- An Armenian Dinner at Almayass
- The Naut’s Get Some Lamb Head in Astoria
- A Turkish Feast at Sip Sak
- A Potlikker Dinner Fit for a Queen
- Stinky, Stinky Tofu from Taiwan
- Thai Style Fried Grasshoppers and More
- Shhhhh… A Secret Dinner at Palo Santo
- Uncle Zhou’s Private Parts in Queens
- ‘Fresh’ Octopus at Sik Gaek
- Six Courses and a Guinea Pig at Urubamba
LOS ANGELES DINNERS
Comida Oaxaqueña at Guelagutetza
The first Gastronauts LA dinner was a rousing success, complete with silkworms, innards, fermented fish and an unofficial afterparty that may or may not have included a swing by the great LA institution Jumbo’s Clown Room.
For Round 2, we’re heading to another LA institution, the mole temple of Guelaguetza in LA’s Oaxacatown, where we’ll dine on Maria Lopez’s family recipes, and some unusual ingredients sourced directly from Oaxaca for our dinner…including crickets, worms and an entire goat’s stomach stuffed with blood and offal.
And oh yeah, there’s going to be a Trío Mexicante, so get ready to be serenaded while downing shots of Bricia Lopez’s beloved mezcal. Para todo mal, mezcal, para todo bien, también (For everything wrong, mezcal; for everything right, too).
3014 W. Olympic Blvd.
(bet Normandie and Irolo)
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Sunday, May 15th, 7:00pm