MOST RECENT DINNERS
NEW YORK DINNERS
- An Armenian Dinner at Almayass
- The Naut’s Get Some Lamb Head in Astoria
- A Turkish Feast at Sip Sak
- A Potlikker Dinner Fit for a Queen
- Stinky, Stinky Tofu from Taiwan
- Thai Style Fried Grasshoppers and More
- Shhhhh… A Secret Dinner at Palo Santo
- Uncle Zhou’s Private Parts in Queens
- ‘Fresh’ Octopus at Sik Gaek
- Six Courses and a Guinea Pig at Urubamba
LOS ANGELES DINNERS
Live Drunken Shrimp
Ni hao Nauts!
Join us this month as we avoid Carmageddon and head East to Monterey Park for a very special Gastronauts. We’ve recently spent a lot of time eating our way through the San Gabriel Valley to find this rare and special dish, and finally convinced a restaurant to go off-menu and prepare it for us. This month we’re going big with live, drunken shrimp at Elite, what many consider to be the finest Hong Kong-style Cantonese restaurant in Los Angeles.
Yes, that’s right. Live, drunken shrimp, brought to the table still jumping, and soaked in a bowl of rice wine until slightly more subdued. Then, we eat. Of course, we’ll have loads of other Cantonese delicacies for you – duck tongues, goose web, sea cucumber, and multiple parts of pig, all washed down with cold Tsingtao beer.
700 S. Atlantic Blvd.
(at El Portal Place)
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Sunday, July 17th, 7:00pm