MOST RECENT DINNERS
NEW YORK DINNERS
- An Armenian Dinner at Almayass
- The Naut’s Get Some Lamb Head in Astoria
- A Turkish Feast at Sip Sak
- A Potlikker Dinner Fit for a Queen
- Stinky, Stinky Tofu from Taiwan
- Thai Style Fried Grasshoppers and More
- Shhhhh… A Secret Dinner at Palo Santo
- Uncle Zhou’s Private Parts in Queens
- ‘Fresh’ Octopus at Sik Gaek
- Six Courses and a Guinea Pig at Urubamba
LOS ANGELES DINNERS
October 25th, 2013
The Greeks of Astoria decided to prove that their food rivals that of their Turkish neighbors: The wine flowed freely and the lamb heads were young and freshly roasted.
September 24th, 2013
The Gastronauts return to Sip Sak, Orhan Yegen’s Turkish palace for an Ottoman style feast.
June 24th, 2013
The Naut’s get the royal treatment at Liza Queen’s Potlikker in Williamsburg.
May 14th, 2013
Amie Lin takes the Gastronauts on a tour of Taiwanese Specialties, including her favorite dish, Extra Stinky Tofu.
April 16th, 2013
It’s been a long time since we’ve ventured to Southeast Asian shores and this month we’ve got some late night soul food, Thai-style, for some grasshoppers, silk worms, and ant eggs.
March 26th, 2013
For this dinner, we’re simply not going to tell you what’s for dinner. We’re not telling you where it came from, either — just that you’d be very, very hard pressed to find it yourselves.
February 12th, 2013
The Gastronauts visit Uncle Zhou’s Henan restaurant in Queens for some private parts.
January 15th, 2013
The ‘Nauts had a craving for some moving octopus and a Korean hot pot, so they headed out to Woodside’s Sik Gaek for a feast.
December 6th, 2012
The Gastronauts head to Queen’s elegant Urubamba for some Peruvian ceviche and Guinea Pigs